CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Christmas Tree

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year with Steve's family. Once the dinner is eaten we all immediately switch to Christmas mode. We got up early on Friday and went and cut down our Christmas tree. (I was lame and forgot my camera) In the past it has taken Steve a long time to pick out the tree. He loves Christmas and the tree has to be perfect. This year, thankfully he did in record time. We came home put on the lights and decorated the tree later that night. We decided to get it up fast so we could enjoy it before leaving for California for Christmas this year.

Kyle loved decorating the tree this year. He got so excited about all of his ornaments, especially any with his name or picture on them. I loved how he really got into it this year. I had so much fun just watching the boys get excited about the tree. It's amazing how your kids just make each holiday so much more special and enjoyable.

Jackson would look like this every time we put his ornaments on the tree, he just wanted to carry them around all night. Luckily each fit, and there were many, didn't last very long.

Finally understanding that the ornaments go on the tree.

The Finished product! Most of the ornaments were on the bottom of the tree, so we had even things out once the boys went to bed that night.

15 comments:

The Shill Spill said...

I love it when you post! Let's get together this Winter and get some wiggles out of our little boys. :) Beautiful tree! I love it this year too...because every minute of the day Jake asks if it is Christmas yet. :)

Jensen Family said...

SO much fun!!!

Megan said...

Steve is pretty particular about his trees. I'm glad he found one and it didn't take all day in the freezing snow like it has in the past. That is a good lookin' tree if I must say so myself!

Julie said...

Pretty tree! Cute boys. Jackson looks so much like Kyle.

Lindsey said...

You would hate to see our trees. I always feel bad for the barren trees. I want to pick them because no one else will and now Andy just gives in. HAHA! Pretty tree though.

Anonymous said...

Your tree is beautiful! We put ours up right after Thanksgiving too. I still need to get that delicious salsa recipe from you. If you want to just e-mail it to me that would be great, since I teach sunbeams I never see you on Sunday's!! My e-mail is t_tdinkelman@yahoo.com!!

Arah Debra said...

You tree looks beautiful! How many lights did Steve get on it this year?

forget laundry said...

hey tami! I found your blog! I would love to be blogging buddies. you have such a cute little family- brandon and I say all the time how much we would love to be better friends with you guys. if you want to email me at hillarycollette@gmail.com I can add you to our blog! thanks! hillary :)

Susan and Vince Stroud said...

Your tree looks great:) And Kyle and Jackson look so grown up. Looks like you guys had a really fun day. We want to have you guys over maybe Jan since holidays so crazy. We'll call ya:)

Aldred Family said...

I love that you guys go and pick your tree!! I haven't done that since I was a little girl, that's a really fun tradition. Tree looks awesome! I can't believe how big the boys look... I feel like I haven't really seen you guys in forever! Glad you had a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Meredith said...

Hey Tami,
i'm so glad you found us. Your boys are so cute! It's cool to see your cute little family.

Anne-Marie said...

Hey Tami-Blog surfing and found you. You have such darling boys!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Tami Brandi!!!!! Your boys are adorable & your tree looks great! I found your blog from Chelsea's & Meredith's! Will you be in Danville for X-mas? email me...
melissa_larson17@yahoo.com
our blog is:
www.thelarsonlingo.blogspot.com

Liz said...

Hi Tami- So fun to look through your blog and see you and your cute families adventures.

Liz

Annika said...

That was one nice looking tree you guys had!